Bouyant (Be)Longing is a speculative project that seeks to develop a sustainable and an all-inclusive approach towards rehabilitation of persons affected by the filling up of the Sardar Sarovar Dam. It challenges the exclusionary nature of activities that are thickly veiled by the cover of ‘development’, by going beyond the idea of looking at rehabilitation in terms of numbers. The project focuses primarily on the restoration of the community living and the sense of belongingness of the residents of Nisarpur, who were forced out of their homes due to repeated submergence since the inauguration of the Sardar Sarovar Dam. Here, the body of water which had once displaced the residents itself becomes a facilitator of community living and the well-being of all.
1. Kaushik, Himanshu. "Of Total 204 Dams in Gujarat, 114 Are Overflowing: Ahmedabad News - Times of India." The Times of India. TOI, 1 Oct. 2019. Web. 09 Mar. 2021.
2. Mohan, Rohini. "Madhya Pradesh Villagers Displaced by Sardar Sarovar Dam Wait in Tin Sheds for New Life." The Hindu. The Hindu, 06 Oct. 2019. Web. 16 Mar. 2021.
3. Cullet, Philippe; “The Sardar Sarovar Dam Project: An Overview;”; Print;
4. Kavish, Priyanka. "Three Decades On, Many Sardar Sarovar Dam Affected Persons Still Await Rehabilitation." Sabrang India. 13 July 2020. Web. 13 Apr. 2021.
6. Jitendra. "As Sardar Sarovar Dam's Gates Get Shut, 192 Villages Fear Submergence." Down To Earth. 19 June 2021. Web. 19 Mar. 2021.
7. Thakkar, Himanshu. "Displacement and Development: Construction of the Sardar Dam." Cultural Survival. 01 Sept. 1999. Web. 19 Mar. 2021.
8. Sandrp. "Sardar Sarovar Creates Avoidable Flood Disaster in Bharuch." SANDRP. SANDRP, 04 Sept. 2020. Web. 19 Mar. 2021.
9. Renu Modi. “Sardar Sarovar Oustees: Coping with Displacement.” Economic and Political Weekly, vol. 39, no. 11, 2004, pp. 1123–1126. JSTOR, Accessed 19 March 2021.
10. Hashmi, Shabnam. A Report Based on Visit to Areas in MP Affected by Sardar Sarovar Dam December 25-26, 2019. Rep. Print.
11. Jain, Panachand, et al. Sardar Sarovar Claims and Realities of Development and Rehabilitation, Madhya Pradesh, India. Rep. Independent People's Tribunal. Print.
12. Mollah, Hannan, et. al. Drowning a Valley: Destroying a Civilisation. Rep. Print.
13. "Sardar Sarovar Dam: As Water Level Rises in Reservoir, Villagers Fear Submergence - IE - 30.8.19." NBA - नर्मदा बचाओ आंदोलन. 31 Aug. 2019. Web. 21 Mar. 2021.
14. "Sardar Sarovar Dam's Water Level Rise Threatens Livelihood of Communities - The Wire - 26.8.19." NBA - नर्मदा बचाओ आंदोलन. 31 Aug. 2019. Web. 21 Mar. 2021.
15. Satheesh, Shone. "Hundreds of India Villages under Water as Narmada Dam Level Rises." Environment News. Al Jazeera. Al Jazeera, 23 Sept. 2019. Web. 21 Mar. 2021.
16. Menon, Meena. "Water in Sardar Sarovar Dam Rises as Villages in Madhya Pradesh Drown." Mongabay. 10 Sept. 2019. Web. 24 Mar. 2021.
17. Awasthi, Prashasti. "178 Villages In Madhya Pradesh Sink As Sardar Sarovar Dam Inches Closer To Its Peak Level." The Logical Indian. The Logical Indian, 15 Sept. 2019. Web. 21 Mar. 2021.
18. Koppala, Anjali Rao. "People Displaced by Sardar Sarovar Dam Begin New Satyagraha." The Wire. 16 Nov. 2019. Web. 09 May 2021.
19. Barnagarwala, Tabassum. "After 25 Years, Narmada Dam Sufferer Shown Land for Resettlement." The Indian Express. 11 Mar. 2018. Web. 21 Mar. 2021.
20. Mohan, Rohini. "Madhya Pradesh Villagers Displaced by Sardar Sarovar Dam Wait in Tin Sheds for New Life." The Hindu. The Hindu, 06 Oct. 2019. Web. 21 Mar. 2021.
Shunglu, V. K., et al. Report of the Sardar Sarovar Project Relief and Rehabilitation Oversight Group on the Status of Rehabilitation of Project Affected Families in Madhya Pradesh. Rep. New Delhi, 2003. Print.